Bio-Nature - Lemon Myrtle Oil - 10ml
by Lemon Myrtle
- The exquisitely uplifting and refreshing aroma of this essential oil is only the beginning of how beneficial it can be
- Beyond the aroma is a potent anti-microbial agent with one of the highest levels of Citral (up to 98%) in a natural essential oil
- In topical use Lemon Myrtle oil should be diluted with a carrier oil at a level of 0ne drop to 10ml carrier oil
- This diluted oil can be used for various skin conditions and fungal infections such as athlete’s foot
- Multi purpose essential oil
Whilst it may be new to the UK, in Australia Lemon Myrtle has been used as a bush food and natural remedy for centuries. Recently the value of this important botanical has been rediscovered and it is now being organically and sustainably farmed in eastern Australia. From this cultivation, the leaves are harvested and then distilled or dried. The essential oil derived from distillation has been shown to have strong anti-bacterial, anti- fungal and anti-viral properties. In fact studies carried out by scientists at the Charles Sturt University of NSW have confirmed that it has around 30% higher anti-microbial activity than Tea tree essential oil. These properties lend the oil to being an excellent active within soaps, body care, household cleaners and air fresheners. In addition to its strength, Lemon Myrtle oil has a pleasant, uplifting citrus aroma, a quality that sets it aside from Tea tree and Eucalyptus based products.