W H Marriage - Canadian Very Strong White Flour - 1.5kg
by W H Marriage
What is W H Marriage Canadian Very Strong White Flour?
W H Marriage Canadian Very Strong White Flour is milled from 100% Canadian Western Red Spring wheat!
What We Think
Marriage's was founded by twins William and Henry nearly 200 years ago. Today the fifth and sixth generations of the Marriage family continue the milling tradition.
This exceptionally strong flour is milled from 100% Canadian Western Red Spring wheat, world renowned for its excellent milling and baking quality. This flour is produced using a combination of techniques we have used for generations, and the best modern milling technology.
- W H Marriage Canadian Very Strong White Flour - 1.5kg
500g Very Strong White 100% Canadian flour, 7g dried fast action yeast (or 14g fresh yeast), 10g fat or olive oil, 7g sea salt, 300ml lukewarm water.
Baking by Hand:
1. Grease the bread tin(s). Place the flour, salt, yeast and fat into a large mixing bowl. Mix the fat through the flour and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
2. Add most of the water to the well, keeping a little in reserve, and mix to a soft dough. Add the remaining water if necessary.
3. Tip the dough onto a table and knead for 8-10 minutes.
4. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Rest in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. This will take approximately 45 minutes.
5. Split the dough into two pieces if desired. Mould the dough round and fold to the shape of the tin(s). Place the dough piece into the tin, seam down, cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Put in a warm place and allow to rise about 1cm above the tin. This will take 45-60 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake in a preheated oven, 220Â°C fan/240Â°C/430Â°F/Gas 8. Bake small loaves for 20-25 minutes or a large loaf for 30-35 minutes.
7. Remove the loaf from the tin. Check it is baked by tapping the bottom of the loaf - it should sound hollow. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Using a Bread Machine
We recommend following the manufacturer's instructions, particularly the order in which to add ingredients and the water quantity.
Recipe tip for homemade pasta:
Use 100g Very Strong White 100% Canadian flour and 1 medium egg for each generous serving. See our website for a full recipe.
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, store in an airtight container. If you are in any doubt please contact us and/or your doctor prior to using the product.